Australian Open Betting Guide for 2023
This is our guide to Australian Open betting. As the only Grand Slam tennis tournament in the south hemisphere, it obviously attracts a lot of attention from bettors.
If you’re looking for Australian Open betting advice, then this is the place to be. On this page we’ve got all this covered:
- How Australian Open odds and betting work
- A list of the best Australian Open betting sites
- Past tournament winners and key information about the event
Top Tennis Betting Sites for Canadian Players
- Dozens of sports to bet on
- Dedicated sports betting app
- Specific esports promotions
- FAQs section is lacking
- Lowest margin sports odds
- Dedicated esports section
- Multi View live betting option
- Lack of bonuses & promos
- No horse racing betting
- Win Rate: 97.17%
- Payout Speed: 24 hrs
- Very modern sportsbook
- Low bonus wager requirement
- Personalized sports betting
- Promotions aren’t so regular
- Games: 1,500+
- Win Rate: 96.20%
- Payout Speed: 1-5 days
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS
- eSports betting markets
- 24/7 live chat
- Poor VIP program
- Live chat only in English
- Not many payment methods
- Large sports betting selection
- Dedicated sports betting app
- Huge selection of promotions
- No live chat support
- Refer-a-friend bonus offer
- Stylish sportsbook design
- Separate racebook section
- Few esports betting options
- 1,000 daily sports events
- Dedicated esports section
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited VIP program
- Leading sports odds
- Fast and easy to navigate
- Daily promos & free bets
- No live streaming available
- Big variety of sports markets
- Award-winning mobile app
- Great sports betting promos
- Slightly confusing sports page
- Multiple live betting options
- Very appealing site design
- Quick payout times
- Deposit & withdrawal fees
- Customer support is not 24/7
An Introduction to the Australian Open Tennis
Ever wondered how the Australian Open tennis works? We’ve got some key facts to help you understand the basics of this Grand Slam:
Men’s and women’s singles events run concurrently with men’s, women’s and mixed doubles throughout the tournament. Each draw is seeded to keep the best tennis players apart until later in the competition
Multiple cities in Australia and even New Zealand have hosted this, but since 1972 Melbourne has been its home
The last two weeks in January are the current slot in the tennis calendar when the tournament takes place
Since 1988, the Australian Open has been played on an outdoor hard court. Prior to this, it was played on grass like Wimbledon
Two of the show courts are named after Australian tennis legends Rod Laver and Margaret Court
To ensure play can continue during rain, the show courts all have retractable roofs
Matches involving men only are the best of five sets, while those involving women only or the mixed doubles are best of three
Games of tennis must be won by two clear points
The first player(s) to six games with a margin of two games or greater wins a set. Another winning set scoreline is 7-5, but 6-6 leads to a tiebreak
From 2023 onwards, the final set of men’s and women’s singles matches go to tiebreaks (first to 10 points) after six games each
How Australian Open Odds Work
Just in case you’re new to Australian Open betting in Canada, we’re going to explain how it works. Gambling on tennis in its most basic form is picking a match winner.
Here’s a typical example of some Australian Open odds:
The shorter price next to Serena indicates she’s favourite in the betting. For every $2 staked on Williams, you would get $1 of profit if she won. That’s a return of $3.
Bouchard, meanwhile, is the bigger price and therefore the underdog. For every $4 wagered on her, there is a $13 return in the offing – $9 of which is profit.
We’ve used decimal prices in our Australian Open betting advice here. Some sportsbooks and sites will use the American moneyline system or British fractional odds. Check out our odds calculator below to see how those compare:
Australian Open Betting Options
The best Australian Open betting sites will give you plenty of choice on this tennis event and all the Grand Slams.
It’s well worth knowing the kind of things you can bet on before you start gambling. Here are some of the most popular Australian Open betting options:
Which player or doubles pair will win a particular tennis match?Eg:Serena Williams1.50
Set betting on at least the first and second sets should be available. Again, you’re gambling on who the winner is.Eg:Novak Djokovic1.67
What will the precise result in sets be of a tennis match?Eg:Roger
What will the precise result of a certain set be in a tennis match?Eg:Garbine Muguruza to win the second set 6-3
against Petra Kvitova4.50
Tiebreak in match
Will any set end in a tiebreak? You’re betting around yes or no here.Eg: A tiebreak inMilos
Outright tournament winner
Away from betting on tennis matches, you can also gamble on who will the entire tournament.Eg:Naomi Osaka13.00
Stage of elimination
At what point in the tournament will a tennis player be eliminated?Eg:Andy Murray5.00
To reach the final
Betting on a tennis player to reach the final of a tournament.Eg:Simona Halep7.50
What is Australian Open Live Betting?
- Australian Open betting in Canada is well and truly live
- Live betting means you can place bets on tennis matches during the tournament while they are in-play
- Odds react to what is happening on court
- Popular live betting markets include game winner and set winner
Top 10 Australian Open Singles Winners
You should now have everything you need to get started betting on the Australian Open. This is tennis at its very best.
For even more Australian Open betting advice, our FAQs section below has answers to common questions.
The Australian Open is the first Grand Slam tennis tournament in the annual calendar. It takes place towards the end of January in Melbourne, Australia.
The most popular Australian Open bet types are:
- Match winner
- Set winner
- Set scoreline
- Correct scoreline
- Tiebreak in match
- Outright tournament winner
- Stage of elimination
- To reach the final
Only the best Australian Open tennis betting sites are listed on this page. You’re in exactly the right place to find them.
Yes, you can bet on the Australian Open through mobile and other digital devices.
Live betting on tennis like the Australian Open is where you can place wagers while a match is in-play. Markets and prices update all the time to reflect what’s happening on court.
- Sports Betting Discover the top bookies to place your online sports bets with.
- Slots Canadian slots players win huge progressive jackpots and play newest games.
- Online Poker Play real money online poker cash games and tournaments 24/7.
- Online Casinos Canadian players enjoy your favourite games at our top online casino.