Debit & Credit Card Online Casinos Guide for 2021
In 2021, using a debit card at an online casino is the most actively chosen payment method. Credit cards are also a great alternative for online gambling.
Companies such as Visa and MasterCard will authorize your transactions swiftly and securely. This leaves you with more time to discover what online casinos can offer, including:
- Bonuses and promotions for new and existing players
- Thousands of games, including progressive jackpots
- Faster payments to enjoy your winnings
Top Five Debit & Credit Card Gambling Sites
Rules for using Credit and Debit Cards at Online Casinos
When using an online casino to gamble, the last thing you want is to be hit with credit card charges. We always advise for you to play at our recommended online casinos, to avoid the possibility of fraud.
Certain online casinos may charge fees for depositing with a credit card, so it is always worth reading the terms and conditions beforehand.
It is worth discussing with your bank if they charge a fee before making a deposit to an online casino, in order to prevent you disputing credit card charges for online gambling further down the line.
If you've been charged or notice unusual activity with your money when gambling online, don't panic. You can contact your credit or debit card provider and request cancelling a specific transaction through what is known as a chargeback scheme.
You can take comfort in the fact that third-party services, like Visa, act as an added layer of security between you and the online casino.
Major credit and debit card companies use the very best online security software, so you can trust both your money and personal details are safe.
Advantages of using Credit/Debit Card at Online Casinos vs Alternative Payment Methods
- Speed – Typically, both credit and debit cards provide the fastest deposits and withdrawals.
- Convenience – Most people use credit/debit cards shopping online and are therefore familiar with the online transaction process.
- Security – Credit and debit cards are protected with online security, keeping your funds and information safe.
- Special Bonuses – Certain online casinos offer sign-up or deposit bonuses when using a debit or credit card for the first time, which will increase your bankroll.
- Extra Safety – If there is an issue when using your card online, your credit or debit card company can help resolve the problem, with customer support often available 24/7.
Debit & Credit Card Deposit Guide for Casino Sites
Select an online casino from our list of recommended sites. Sign up by creating an account, before choosing what game you'd like to play.
Click on the cashier to view banking tools. Select either deposit or credit card from the list of deposit options.
Similar to buying anything online, you must enter your card details. You may also be asked to enter card billing information.
Choose how much you want to deposit. Make sure you enter a promo code, if required, in order to receive your welcome bonus.
Depositing with debit/credit cards happens almost instantly. You are then ready to start playing.
Debit & Credit Card Casinos Withdrawal Guide
- First, locate the cashier on your online casino site.
- Click the withdraw option to stat the withdrawal process.
- Click on the credit or debit card option and choose how much you want to withdraw.
- Certain casinos will only allow you to withdraw onto the card you deposited with, so double check before depositing.
- If it's your first withdrawal, the casino may want to verify your identity for security reasons.
- If required, the casino may ask for a government issued photo ID, recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Once all the above steps are complete, click withdraw.
- You will receive a confirmation of your withdrawal, along with the expected process time.
- Once the transaction is processed, you will see it reflected in your account balance.
- Certain online casinos will allow you to cancel your withdrawal, within a certain window.
Wait Times and Limits for Debit and Credit Cards
Depositing and withdrawing at online casinos with credit and debit cards is really easy and, best of all, it’s really fast. Use the chart below to learn more about how long typical credit and debit card transactions take, as well as the limits on how big your transactions can be.
How We Find the Best Debit/Credit Card Online Casinos
There are thousands of online casinos to play at, but not all of them allow you use debit and credit cards to gamble online.
Our leading experts recommend the following criteria for locating top online gambling sites which accept debit and credit card payments.
The best sites will offer a 100% matched deposit bonus when signing up. The bigger the bonus, the more likely we are to approve it.
Safety & Security
Our recommended gambling sites have a high level of security in place, so you can play knowing your money and personal details are protected.
Speedy Cash Outs
Winning is one thing, but we want you to withdraw your winnings as quickly as possible. That’s why we ensure all our advised online casinos provide fast, secure payouts.
Selection of Games
The top sites will not just offer the best promotions, but they will also have a wide variety of table, slots and live games for you to choose from.
Our #1 Online Casino for Debit & Credit Card Payments
For more information on other payment cards, check out the following pages.
Debit & Credit Card Online Casinos FAQs
What Debit & Credit Cards allow Online Gambling?
In Canada, most major debit and credit cards will allow you to make deposits with an online casino. Visa and Mastercard are the most popular debit and credit card deposit options among Canadians. Remember to always check out the terms and conditions when trying out a new online casino.
Which is the preferred payment method for gambling – debit or credit cards?
Both options are fast, safe and convenient. However, if you have the choice, we recommend using a debit card. That way, you're not playing on credit and you won't risk paying interest on your credit card charges.
Are there any fees involved for gambling payments made with Debit or Credit cards?
Barring any special fees associated with using your card online, online casinos don't charge any extra fees for using a debit or credit card to make a deposit.
How can I be sure my information is safe when making gambling payments with a Debit/Credit Card?
Our recommended online casinos use bank grade security to encrypt your payment details and protect your personal information from any hackers or criminals.
What if I want to bet online and I don't have a Debit or Credit Card?
Which Debit/Credit cards are recommended for Online Gambling?
Major banks offer the best debit cards in Canada when it comes to online gambling. The same goes for credit cards. Major brands such as Visa and Mastercard are recommended because they're accepted at more online casinos and offer enhanced speed and security.