The Top Visa Gambling Sites For 2017
For Canadians who love to use Visa, online gambling sites definitely have them in mind. Most of the top real money casinos and poker sites online accept Visa, but not all of them are going to be ideal for you. Our reviews team shortlists only reputable online gambling sites that offer a quality gaming experience, all backed up with the necessary SSL encryption to secure every online Visa gambling transaction. We want you to have a great game safely.
For the other recommendations and more information, this page will take you through:
- Why Visa gambling deposits give you an edge
- How Visa gambling transactions work
- The best sites for gambling online securely with Visa
For Canadian players who want to use their Visa card online, Jackpot City is our team's #1 pick.
Advantages of Visa for Canadian casino players
Depositing with Visa is just like shopping online. There's no extra account to set up and no special number required from your bank. Just sign in to your online Visa gambling site, enter your credit card number, and go. If you've got a Visa card, you're pretty much good to go. Here's why you'll love Visa online gambling deposits:
- It's fast and easy - Depositing takes literally just a few seconds. Simply enter your credit card number, verify your security code that's on the back of the card, choose your deposit amount, and confirm your Visa online gambling transaction. In a matter of seconds, your transaction will be complete.
- The funds are available instantly - Unlike some other transactions that force you to wait for your funds to clear, deposits at online gambling sites accepting Visa are available in your casino account immediately.
- You can store your credit card for future use - If you know you're going to want to deposit again in the future, you can ask the online casino to store your card number for future online Visa gambling deposits. When you're ready to deposit funds in the future, you won't be asked to enter your credit card number again.
- It's secure - All the big sites use high-end encryption to keep every online Visa gambling transactions safe and secure, so you don't have to worry about your Visa number falling into the wrong hands.
OUR RATING2.4/10Payout times stretching into months
OUR RATING2.1/10Player winnings confiscated frequently
OUR RATING1.8/10Dishonest business practices
What you need to know about using Visa
If your Visa is from a Canadian bank like RBC, CIBC, BMO, or TD Canada Trust, you shouldn't have much of an issue with Visa online gambling transactions. But if your Visa is from a US-based bank like Chase, there's something you should know. Your Visa transaction might not go through right away, even if you use it at one of the online gambling sites accepting Visa in Canada. That's because US legislation south of the border has forced the US banks to stop processing credit card transactions related to online gambling. And even though you're based in Canada, the financial institutions based south of the 49th parallel don't want to get into trouble, so they may block your Visa transaction.
If you have trouble processing online Visa gambling transactions, try again. If you still have trouble, consider using a Visa card from a Canadian bank. You'll find that any of our picks for online gambling sites accepting Visa will have no trouble processing transactions from Canadian banks.
We found the best Visa online gambling sites
Remember, not all online gambling sites accepting Visa for deposits offer the kind of security Canadians need to play safely. But our picks do. We've vetted every single online gambling site on our list to bring you only Canadian online Visa gambling sites you can trust. To get started, just click any of the links on our site. We'll take you to a page where you can download the free online casino software, test out the games for free, and make a Visa online gambling deposit whenever you're ready to play for real money.
- Get C$1600 free with a welcome bonus
- Enjoy over 600 slots and table games
- Get payouts within 48 hours
Are there any restrictions when gambling with Visa?
Visa can be used at an even larger number of online casinos than MasterCard, has no fees associated with it and is very widely accepted. As the world's biggest credit card company, popular throughout Canada, that probably isn't surprising.
Any restrictions you come across, such as maximum withdrawal limits and so on, will generally exist on the side of the card provider rather than the online casino. However, with a reputation for flexibility and good customer service, even this is pretty unlikely.
What sites are best with Visa?
If a site accepts Visa–and it's known for a good reputation, has been serving Canadian customers for a long time etc.–then you'll be absolutely fine using your card there.
Online casino sites have a good relationship with Visa and, thanks to the availability of online gambling in Canada, there's no reason to worry abouts truggling to use your Visa to fund real money gaming online.
Can I use a prepaid Visa?
Provided you have funds in your account to cover the deposit you're trying to make, then you can. Prepaid Visa cards are more like debit cards than credit cards; there's no overdraft function, so you need to make sure you keep it topped up.
You can also withdraw your winnings to a prepaid Visa card at the best casinos. With free ATM withdrawals standard for most prepaid Visa cards and no fees for withdrawing from the casino, a prepaid Visa is one of the quickest ways to get your hands on your winnings.
Is it a safe form of payment?
Yes, online casinos use encryption and other safety measures used by banks and financial institutions to guard personal data and payment details. There are also safety measures on Visa's side, such as blocking a card if fraudulent activity is suspected, to protect Canadian players.
Even if, by some very slim chance, your details were compromised, Visa is renowned for helping customers to claim back any fraudulent spending. Check the small print of your Visa account to see if you have protective measures like this associated with your card.
Are there any fees?
Online casinos don't charge any fees for Visa card deposits. One possible exception to this rule is if you're charged for using your card on a per transaction basis when you use it elsewhere on the Internet, e.g. shopping on the web. This is down to your card provider, not the online casino.
Visa's flexibility and lack of fees makes it a top choice for any Canadian who's looking to try real money gambling online. We've listed some of the best sites that accept Visa here, but we've barely scratched the surface of all the online casino and poker sites that welcome it.
- Tablet Tablets offer Canadians great casino games anytime and anywhere.
- Pai Gow Poker Canadian players find that Pai Gow poker casinos are plentiful.
- Sports Betting Discover the top bookies to place your online sports bets with.
- Horse Betting Place real money horse bets at Canada’s top online racebooks.