Top Online Poker Sites for Canadian Players
- Impressive selection of tournaments
- No download version
- eCogra certified
- Lacking customer support
- Great selection of banking options
- Mobile gaming available
- PokerStars School for beginners
- Lacking customer service
- Excellent tournament scheduling
- User-friendly software
- Highly compatible
- Not many high stakes tournaments
- Slow customer service
- Some GEO restrictions
- Impressive array of features
- Instant play version
- Mobile play for iOS & Android
- Small table game selection
- Huge selection of markets
- Cash-out in-play feature
- Big variety of payment methods
- Desktop site layout a bit confusing
- Limits to winning users
- Some restricted GEOs
- Regular promotions & offers
- State-of-the-art mobile app
- Deposits & withdrawals in CAD available
- Lacking customer support
Online Poker Resources
To increase your chances of winning online poker, either as a beginner or intermediate player, we’ve provided you with two downloadable PDF documents.
One is a poker cheat sheet to help you know when best to call and raise. The other shows you all the poker hands, ranging from the highest (Royal Flush) to the lowest (High Card).
You can either click on the images to enlarge the PDFs, or download them to then print off and have them beside you while playing poker online for real money.
Poker Cheat Sheet
Free Poker Cheat Sheet - Download and print this free overview of when to raise and when to call in poker so you can win the next game.Download now
Poker Hands Order From High To Low
Poker Hand Rankings List - Download and print this free overview of top poker hands. Get to know the strength of your poker hand and win the next game.Download now
Different Types of Online Poker
One of the advantages of playing poker online is that you are blessed with a number of variations of the game to choose from, that you won’t necessarily find at a land casino.
Below are some of the most popular types of online poker:
Texas Hold’em is the most popular poker type. Each player uses two Hole cards together with five Community cards to make the best poker hand.
Hugely popular at online casinos, all video poker games are played against the house. Also, similar to slots, you can access progressive jackpots.
The most common variety of Texas Hold’em, No-Limit refers to being able to bet and raise anything up to your entire stack at any time.
Based on the Chinese dominoes games with the same name, Pai Gow Poker is played with a regular 52-card deck and one Joker card.
Similar to Hold’em, except each player receives four Hole cards and must use exactly two along with the Community cards to make the best hand.
Most commonly used in Omaha, Pot Limit refers to games where you can only bet and raise up to the amount that’s already in the pot.
In fixed limit games, you can only bet and raise in increments decided before the game begins. Many non-Hold’em games are played with fixed limits.
Played in five and seven-card versions, Stud doesn’t have any Community cards. Each player receives all their cards, some face up and some face down.
You can play live poker games, such as live Texas Hold’em, in front of a real life dealer, as well as take part in cash games and tournaments.
Cash v Poker Tournaments
When playing online poker for real money against other players, you have two options. You can either play a one-off game, or take part in a poker tournament.
Our table below will go through theese online poker differences:
- Play takes place around one table
- You exchange cash for chips at a value you feel comfortable with
- You can walk away from a cash game at any point
- Blind values stay the same for each consecutive hand
- If you lose all your chips, you can buy in again and re-join the action
- Played across multiple tables simultaneously
- There is a set buy-in amount that all tournament players must meet
- A tournament ends only when one player is crowned the overall winner
- Blind values increase incrementally over a set time period
- If you lose all your chips in a tournament then you're eliminated
How We Review Our Poker Sites
In order to find the best poker sites in Canada for you, our expert team plays at, tests and rates every online casino to make sure they provide a top-level poker experience. Our review method includes scoring each of the following:
View our below page guides, for more information on playing online poker.
Our #1 Recommended Poker Site
Online Poker FAQs
Yes. As long as you play at a certified offshore-based online casino, you can bet on poker and other casino games for real money in Canada.
Just make sure you are of legal gambling age to bet, according to which province you are in.