Best sports betting apps in Canada
- Dozens of sports to bet on
- Dedicated sports betting app
- Specific esports promotions
- FAQs section is lacking
- Lowest margin sports odds
- Dedicated esports section
- Multi View live betting option
- Lack of bonuses & promos
- No horse racing betting
- Win Rate: 97.17%
- Payout Speed: 24 hrs
- Very modern sportsbook
- Low bonus wager requirement
- Personalized sports betting
- Promotions aren’t so regular
- Games: 1,500+
- Win Rate: 96.20%
- Payout Speed: 1-5 days
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS
- eSports betting markets
- 24/7 live chat
- Poor VIP program
- Live chat only in English
- Not many payment methods
- Large sports betting selection
- Dedicated sports betting app
- Huge selection of promotions
- No live chat support
- Refer-a-friend bonus offer
- Stylish sportsbook design
- Separate racebook section
- Few esports betting options
- 1,000 daily sports events
- Dedicated esports section
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited VIP program
- Leading sports odds
- Fast and easy to navigate
- Daily promos & free bets
- No live streaming available
- Big variety of sports markets
- Award-winning mobile app
- Great sports betting promos
- Slightly confusing sports page
- Multiple live betting options
- Very appealing site design
- Quick payout times
- Deposit & withdrawal fees
- Customer support is not 24/7
Mobile sites vs betting apps
You might be wondering what exactly are the differences between mobile sites and betting apps, especially if you're a new player. After all, they both work for mobile devices, right?
To give you a better idea, we've put together the below table so you can compare and see which version suits you best:
|Mobile site||Mobile app|
|Play from any location in the world as long as you have internet connection||Play from any location in the world as long as you have internet connection|
|No software download is required, and can be accessed via your browser||Requires download and installation on your device|
|Load times can be longer depending on site speed||Supports quick load times and seamless logging in with the touch of a button|
|Same bonus offers as desktop site||Same bonus offers as desktop site|
|Some personalization with saved logins and wagering history||Much more of a personalized experience with custom features and saved preferences|
Our top-rated sports betting apps in Canada
With countless sports betting apps out there, it can make it impossible to choose the right one for you. To make your lives easier, we've compiled a list of the best Canadian sports betting apps.
Features our experts look out for when evaluating the best betting apps include user-friendliness, game variety, intuitive navigation, accessibility, compatible payment methods, and more. This is to ensure you have the best gaming experience possible. Here's our pick of some of the best apps for betting on sports in Canada:
Best for no. of sports markets
The Betway app is free to download for both Android and iOS devices. There are thousands of sports available, from mainstream markets like soccer, football and basketball, to more unusual options like Aussie rules football, darts and table tennis.
You don't need to miss any of the sporting action thanks to Betway's seamless live streaming, which covers various sports events, as well as its in-play betting offering, which allows you to wager on dozens of sports on the go.
Best for unique features
Casumo entered the Canadian market in 2020, bringing with it years of expertise. What really struck us when assessing the sportsbook's mobile app, available for iOS and Android users, was some of its unique features.
For instance, there's a nifty bet builder tool, which allows you to build an accumulator bet on a single game easily. In addition, users can customize the Casumo sportsbook to see only the sports they're interested in, and tweak accordingly. Live sports betting is another great feature, with all live matches and events organized according to your favourite sports and leagues.
Best for slick design
One of the best designed apps we've seen, the 888sport app can easily be downloaded by scanning the QR code provided on the sportsbook's site. Once downloaded you'll find a modern and easy-to-use interface that is by no means style over substance.
You'll find a great range of pre-game and in-play sports markets to choose from, along with several special offers and promotions, including the sportsbook's weekly predictor game 'Perfect 10', in which you can compete for C$10K, along with plenty of free bet offers on a weekly basis. The sportsbook also offers one of the fastest withdrawals.
4. Sports Interaction
Best for trust
One of the most trusted betting apps, homegrown sportsbook Sports Interaction offers users access to some unique betting opportunities through its app, such as handball, volleyball, darts, esports, futsal, table tennis, and more.
We were also pleased with the app's clean and modern design, as well as the bankroll options. The only thing we would like to see is more customisable features for bettors.
Best for convenience
10bet is extremely proud of its relaunched sports betting and casino app, and for good reason. The app has been designed with convenience in mind, providing super-speedy loading (as who has the time to hang around?) and even faster withdrawal times.
What's more, it's very user-friendly thanks to the ultra-intuitive new UX/UI, and even comes with a nifty new sports filter, 'Top Markets' widget and 'Recent Search results' tool, so your days of endlessly trawling sites looking for your favourite leagues and events are over.
How to download sports betting apps
A common question we get is 'how do I download betting apps?' Well, as it turns out, downloading betting apps is no different to downloading any other app onto your phone.
Simply head to your device's primary service – whether that be the App Store for iOS users, or the Google Play Store for Android users – search for your preferred sports app and follow the prompts. Here's a step-by-step guide to how to install iOS and Android betting apps:
How to download iOS apps
- Find your way to the App store on your iOS device.
- Search for the sports betting app you want to download.
- Click on the 'Get' button and approve the download.
- Wait until the download is complete and the app has installed.
- The betting app logo will show up on your home screen when it's read. Tap on it to open and play.
- Often you can also download directly from the operator's site, and you will be redirected to the App Store. If you use this option, you'll need to continue from the third step above.
How to download Android apps
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for the sports app you wish to download.
- Click on the 'Install' button and wait for it to download.
- Once it is complete, the app will be displayed on your home screen.
- Tap on it to open and play.
Sports betting apps banking options
At OGCA, we only recommend the most trusted and reputable betting sites and apps in Canada, so you can rest assured your money is safe when it comes to making deposits and requesting withdrawals.
The best online betting apps will offer a range of payment methods, including (but not limited to):
- Credit/debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Bank Transfer
- Mobile transfers
- Digital wallets
There should be at least two or more of these payment options supported in Canadian sports betting apps. Make sure you check the fees and limits attached to each payment method, as these can differ depending on the platform.
How to deposit & withdraw
You'll find making deposits and withdrawals to be the same process as when using the sportsbook's mobile or desktop site. Here's a quick run-down of how this works:
- Register on the sports betting app.
- Head to the banking section and click on 'Deposit'.
- Choose one of the deposit options available.
- Input the amount you wish to deposit and click the 'Deposit' button.
- Wait for the funds to be credited to your casino account. In most cases, this is instant.
How we choose the best sports betting apps
To ensure we put forward the best sports betting apps, our experts select them using the following criteria:
More on sports betting
Finding the best betting app for you is completely dependent on your requirements. But based on our research, some of the best Canadian betting apps include:
- Sports Interaction