NBA Sports Betting in 2018
Join thousands of other Canadians betting online and make your NBA experience even better. Sports fans can now place wagers online from Canada in a safe and secure way, playing for daily real money prizes.
Even though there are plenty of options to choose from for online players, not all legit sports betting websites are open to Canadians. To ensure you get a good game, visit any one of the sites shortlisted sites here, or skip straight to our team's #1 pick for NBA betting, Betway Sports.
On this page you’ll find:
- Top NBA betting tips that will make for a truly enjoyable experience
- Top websites for sports bets, offering solid money bonuses on Canadian Dollar deposits
- Answers to your most important questions about betting on NBA games
Betting On The NBA: An Introduction
North America's top professional basketball league is also one of its favourite markets when it comes to online sports betting. You can bet on games involving all franchised member clubs, both in Canada and the US, and the range of betting options is huge.
- Typically, match betting involves betting on “Point Spreads” or “Totals” for a period of the game: 1 st Half, 2 nd Half, 1 st Quarter, 2 nd Quarter, 3 rd Quarter, or 4 th Quarter.
- The point spread refers to a bet on one team winning by at least certain number of points which is set by the bookmaker.
- A Total Points bet will usually be an Over/Under on how many points is scored during the game. For example, you might bet on the Chicago Bulls v Boston Celtics that the total is above 202.5.
- The straight 'Money Line' is a bet on your team winning the game outright.
Other bets: The best Canuck sports betting sites will also spread other markets on NBA games. The most common include:
- Pick your own Game Total (found under the Alternative Game Totals tab) or select a different Point Spread if you feel the one on offer is too stingy.
- Bet on the Winning Margin (the points the winning team triumphs by).
- Prop Bets let you bet on all kinds of things like who will get to 20 points first or the team with the highest-scoring quarter.
- Parlays combine multiple wagers into one big bet with longer odds and a bigger payout.
If there's a market available, the best betting sites will offer it to customers.
Top NBA Betting Tips
NBA betting doesn’t need to be a minefield. With these simple tips you can turn a small bankroll into big winnings.
Do Your Research: The Internet is your new best friend when betting on NBA. You will be able to find decades of stats and figures till you go cross-eyed. Use it well as you can get a march on the bookmakers with some good research.
Bet On Winning Margins Over 7: On average, the winning margin in a basketball is around 9-11, so factor that in to your picks. The win margins in seasons can vary, so do some homework before you bet.
Go For The Underdogs: The weight of money often dictates the odds and spreads on a team. Don't always be tempted by the favourite as there is usually a lot of value on underdogs, especially at home.
Try Out Other Markets: NBA isn't the only market out there, and many countries have professional leagues of their own. Have a hunt around and get a little knowledge on European markets. It can be fun and rewarding at the same time.
OUR RATING2.4/10Players have had their bigger winnings cancelled
OUR RATING2.1/10Poor business practices reported
OUR RATING1.8/10Uses poor, unstable gaming software
What to Look For at an Online Sportsbook
Players can make most types of best on such sites, including point spreads, money lines, and totals for NBA
When you log in to a sports betting site and place a bet on an NBA game, you should never compromise on quality. There are hundreds of sites out there to choose from so it’s important to choose the right one. Luckily, our complete list of the very best online sports betting sites is here to help.
Every sportsbook site in our most recommended list boasts all the features that make for a top quality betting experience, including:
Range of Bets
You can wager your cash on all the most popular types of NBA bet like moneylines, handicaps, point spreads, and the final score. If you're in it for the long-term, you can also predict how well you think a specific team or player will do throughout the season.
Big Welcome Bonus
One of the best things about gambling on NBA matches online is that you can pick up guaranteed cash bonuses when you join a site. The leading sports betting sites on our list will give you up to C$100 extra to play with when you make your first deposit.
Promotions & Rewards
Want to be treated to special prizes and bonuses just for making your favourite bets? All the sites we recommend have loyalty programs that reward you for every bet you place and they also run weekly promotions where you can collect even more freebies, enhanced odds on selected bets, cashback, and more.
Security & Privacy
You can be absolutely certain that all your personal details will be safe at the best online sportsbooks. That's because the big name sites all use cutting-edge security software to encrypt every bet and transaction you make.
No one wants to make a pile of money on a great bet and then not be able to cash out their winnings. At the best sportsbook sites you can deposit and withdraw using established methods like Visa, MasterCard, bank transfer, iDebit, Moneybookers, Skrill, and NETELLER.
Take NBA Betting to the Next Level
You can super-charge your bets and create more winning possibilities with better payouts by doing a few simple things. For example, you could:
- Check out professional sports gamblers' blogs. This is a great way to gather tips on bets that you might have otherwise overlooked.
- Gather as much information as possible about the team or player you're betting on. You should analyze their past performance, find out if there's an injury in the mix, look into any team tensions, and even check out how they react to playing in different states.
- Make sure you shop around for the best odds. Each sports betting site has their own way of calculating the odds of an NBA outcome and so you'll see slight variations in how much a particular bet will payout from one site to another.
- Get a C$200 welcome bonus
- Bet on all major sporting tournaments
- Licensed site verified by eCogra
FAQ: Betting on the NBA Online
How does NBA betting work?
First of all, you need to pick a site. Read through our list of the top online sportsbooks and pick the one that appeals to you most. Next you'll need to register as a member, enter a few personal details and a payment method and then once you've done that, select the game and bet what you want to make. It's that easy.
How do I place a bet on the NBA?
All the leading online betting sites have different sections for different sports, so find the NBA betting page, browse through the games, players and scenarios the site is taking bets on, note the odds, and then make your bets.
What different bets can I make?
The most popular types of bet are on the point spread and money line but you can also place prop bets on things like who will be injured first, who will score the first points, and which team will win the coin toss.
Will I make a profit from NBA bets?
Betting on the basketball is the same as any other type of gambling in that you're not guaranteed to make money. However, there are loads of opportunities to rake in cash by betting conservatively on games that are highly likely to go a certain way and by placing wagers on teams who aren't the favourites but may have been showing a lot of promise in their recent games.
What's the maximum I can win?
The amount you can potentially win is only limited by the amount of money you're betting with. The bigger the bet, the larger your payout will be if it you predict the correct outcome.
What's money line betting?
Money line betting is when you just bet on which team you think will win a particular match. The final score doesn't make any difference, as long as you pick the winning team, you'll profit from the bet.
Will I be safe at online sportsbook sites?
Yes. All reputable betting sites are licensed and regulated by government bodies and are frequently audited by industry authorities to make sure they provide players with a safe environment to bet at. Every online sportsbook we recommend on this page also uses the very best security software to keep your identity and banking details private.