MLB World Series Betting Guide for 2022
For baseball fans in Canada and the United States, the World Series is the highlight of the season.
Two teams meet in a best-of-seven clash to decide who joins the sport’s roll of honour. Most sportsbooks now make it easy to wager on the baseball event known as the Fall Classic.
In this guide we’ll give you information on:
- How betting on the World Series works
- What World Series fans like to bet on
- How to enjoy live betting on the World Series
Top Baseball Betting Sites for Canadian Players
- Dozens of sports to bet on
- Dedicated sports betting app
- Specific esports promotions
- FAQs section is lacking
- Lowest margin sports odds
- Dedicated esports section
- Multi View live betting option
- Lack of bonuses & promos
- No horse racing betting
- Win Rate: 97.17%
- Payout Speed: 24 hrs
- Very modern sportsbook
- Low bonus wager requirement
- Personalized sports betting
- Promotions aren’t so regular
- Games: 1,500+
- Win Rate: 96.20%
- Payout Speed: 1-5 days
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS
- eSports betting markets
- 24/7 live chat
- Poor VIP program
- Live chat only in English
- Not many payment methods
- Large sports betting selection
- Dedicated sports betting app
- Huge selection of promotions
- No live chat support
- Refer-a-friend bonus offer
- Stylish sportsbook design
- Separate racebook section
- Few esports betting options
- 1,000 daily sports events
- Dedicated esports section
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited VIP program
- Leading sports odds
- Fast and easy to navigate
- Daily promos & free bets
- No live streaming available
- Big variety of sports markets
- Award-winning mobile app
- Great sports betting promos
- Slightly confusing sports page
- Multiple live betting options
- Very appealing site design
- Quick payout times
- Deposit & withdrawal fees
- Customer support is not 24/7
An Introduction to the World Series
The World Series is the annual championship decider in Major League Baseball (MLB). Dating back to 1903, it pits the winners of the National League and American League against each other in a best-of-seven showdown.
There are 30 teams in MLB, 29 in the United States and one, the Toronto Blue Jays, in Canada
Teams play 162 games in the regular season
The best five in each league advance to the post-season tournament
The top two in each league meet in the Championship Series
The qualifiers then advance to the World Series
Home field advantage is determined by their regular season records
The first side to win four matches wins the World Series
How MLB World Series Odds Work
You will find a variety of ways to bet on the World Series when you visit a baseball betting site.
To show you how the odds work, let’s take as an example the most straightforward market – who’s going to win the World Series? The odds, expressed as decimals, could read:
For every C$10 you stake on Boston Red Sox, the favourite, you win C$18. If you put C$10 on LA Dodgers, the underdog, you can win C$21.
It’s worth remembering that odds can also be expressed in other ways, such as fractional and moneyline (also called American) odds.
However, most modern sportsbooks give you the choice of the format you want to see your odds in. Have a look at our Odds Calculator to see how they compare.
World Series Betting Options
To win the division
If you have a strong suspicion that one team are a shoo-in for their five-team division, this is for you.Eg:To win the
American League East:
Toronto Blue Jays5.0
To win the league
The longer in advance you make a wager on this market, the better the odds you are likely to get.Eg:To win the National League:
To win the World Series
Before the first pitch of the season is delivered, there will be odds displayed for the World Series – several months away.Eg:Oakland Athletics51.0
What is MLB World Series Live Betting?
- In days gone by, you could bet on baseball only before a game started – not any more
- In the modern era, virtually all sportsbooks offer odds during play and vary them based on the ebb and flow of the game
- You can bet on a variety of markets, such as the outcome of the next inning
- However, you will still be able wager on the winner of the game
- Live betting, with odds shortening and drifting throughout, is a great way of adding to the excitement of watching sport
Brief Timeline of The World Series
Boston Americans win the first World Series 5-3 against Pittsburgh Pirates1903
Following a boycott by the owner of New York Giants, the World Series is not played1904
The infamous Chicago Black Sox scandal, as several White Sox players conspire with bookmakers to throw the World Series against Cincinnati Reds1919
New York Yankees, inspired by the incomparable Babe Ruth, beat Pittsburgh Pirates 4-0 to win the World Series1927
For the seventh time in 10 years, both teams in the Series are from New York as the Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers 4-31956
A year after moving to Los Angeles, the Dodgers become the first West Coast team to win the Series, beating Chicago White Sox 4-21959
Minnesota Twins become the first team to win all four games they host as they defeat St Louis Cardinals 4-31987
Kirk Gibson, batting with an injury, hits an unlikely home run to help LA Dodgers beat Oakland Athletics 4-11988
Toronto Blue Jays bring World Series glory to Canada for the second year running1993
The World Series is cancelled because of a players’ strike1994
Boston Red Sox beat St Louis Cardinals 4-0 to win the World Series for the first time since 19182004
New York Yankees defeat Philadelphia Phillies 4-2 to win their record 27th World Series, 16 more than second-placed St Louis Cardinals2009
Recent World Series winners
The World Series is one of the biggest dates on the sporting calendar in the United States and Canada. Millions of fans tune in every year to enjoy what is known as the Fall Classic.
For baseball bettors, it also offers a huge variety of ways to gain extra involvement in the action. With mobile ownership now so widespread in Canada, it’s become easy to make a wager.
If you want more details about betting on baseball in Canada, check out our home page.
The annual climax to the professional baseball season in the United States and Canada. It is played between the winners of the National League and American League.
Many baseball bettors enjoy betting on the run line, to get better odds about a side they believe will win emphatically.
If you read our online betting guide, you should find everything you need to choose the site that is ideal you. We suggest taking into account a range of considerations including security, licensing, range of bets and bonuses.
Our list of recommended online casinos score highly in all of the above.
Absolutely! A vast majority of modern sportsbooks come with an app that can be used on all modern devices so you can be play wherever you are.
Even after the action starts, you can continue to play. Sportsbooks now offer odds that change as the match swings from one side to another. There are a variety of ways to get involved.
- Sports Betting Discover the top bookies to place your online sports bets with.
- Slots Canadian slots players win huge progressive jackpots and play newest games.
- Online Poker Play real money online poker cash games and tournaments 24/7.
- Online Casinos Canadian players enjoy your favourite games at our top online casino.