Online Casinos Guide for British Columbia Residents
Our leading experts have compiled which online casinos in British Columbia are worth exploring in 2020.
In this guide, we’ll take you through:
- Our top recommended British Columbian casinos
- Features such as welcome bonuses and online game variety
- The most popular sports to bet on in British Columbia
British Columbia Key Stats
Top Five Casino Games Played in British Columbia
Video slots which offers progressive jackpots and bonus games are the most popular for British Columbia residents to play at online casinos.
Although free games remain very much of interest, those who are looking to earn real money are spoilt for choice. The most popular casino games in the province are:
Top Five Sports Betting in British Columbia
Sports betting at British Columbia casinos is certainly growing in popularity, offering those who want something different to casino games. The stand-out sports to bet on in 2020 are:
Brief History of Gambling in British Columbia
Gambling in British Columbia has been a source of entertainment for adults over the years. Here, we reflect on important milestones which has shaped the way we see gambling in British Columbia today.
- In 1985, BC opened its own lottery, known as the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC). Twelve years later, the BC government was put in charge to manage all slot machines in BC.
- In 1999, BC opens its first destination casino, the Royal City Star, which was a riverboat casino.
- Five years on, BC opens its largest casino to date, the River Rock Casino Resort.
- In 2010, BCLC launched its first legal online games on PlayNow.com
How we find the best British Columbia Gambling Sites
Top Land-Based Casinos in British Columbia
Our experts have researched all 36 land-based casinos in British Columbia and look at what they offer in terms of service, jackpots and experience. We’ve hand picked a few of our favourites.
St Eugene Golf Resort Casino
Canada, V1C 7E5
Penticton Lakeside Resort
Canada, V2A 7M5
Grand Villa Casino
Canada, V5G 1C7
Lottery Options in British Columbia
Hundreds of millions of dollars are available to be won every year in BC. There are three national games residents can play, which are: Lotto Max, Lotto 649 and the Daily Grind. There are also seven provincial games available, so you certainly won’t be short of options to explore.
Head to the British Columbia Official Lottery information site to find out more.
British Columbia FAQs
Is online gambling popular in BC?
Yes, online gambling is very popular throughout BC. Players thoroughly enjoy access to leading casino games without the hassle of visiting the physical locations, which is why more and more people are signing up to play every day.
What is the legal age for BC residents?
You must be at least 19 years of age to gamble in British Columbia. More information about gambling age in Canada can be found on our gambling guide.
Will I pay taxes on gambling winnings in BC?
You won't need to pay tax on any of your casino or poker winnings as long as you're gambling recreationally rather than as your profession.
Can I take part in sports betting?
You sure can. Betting on sports events like the NHL is available from the government website, international sports gambling sites or at live licensed sports betting venues in BC.
Where can I get information about gambling addiction in BC?
- Online Casinos Canadian players enjoy your favourite games at our top online casino.
- Online Poker Play real money online poker cash games and tournaments 24/7.
- Sports Betting Discover the top bookies to place your online sports bets with.
- Slots Canadian slots players win huge progressive jackpots and play newest games.