- Fast Payouts Find real money Canadian online casinos providing fastest withdrawals.
- Tablet Tablets offer Canadians great casino games anytime and anywhere.
- Live Blackjack Real money online Live Dealer blackjack is a genuine casino experience.
- MLB MLB sportsbooks provide players in Canada with big winning opportunities.
Top NFL Betting in 2018 for Canadians
Whether you're a long-time fan or recently got into football, NFL betting online is the perfect way to cash in on your love of the game. Join millions of other Canadian players trying their luck weekly by signing up at our recommended sites for real money sports gambling in Canada.
We've done all the hard work and sifted through dozens of sports betting sites to bring you the best. So, take a look at our shortlist of sites, including our team's top pick, Betway Sports, as they all offer:
- Lucrative bonuses
- The best NFL betting odds
- Opportunities to wager real money in any currency
NFL Betting Explained
Betting real money on NFL lines is easy, but first you have to brush up on the basics. This involves learning some sports betting jargon but, trust us, it’s nothing you can’t handle.
If you look at any sports book offering NFL betting lines, you’ll notice that the format in which each bet is presented is the same. The most obvious piece of information is the date and time of the game, which helps you figure out which games are up next and quickly find the one you are interested in.
Immediately to the right of the date and time of the matchup, you’ll find the rotation number, which is a unique code that is given to each game in order to identify it and easily compare odds on different sports betting sites.
The team name is next, followed by several columns of numbers that represent the odds for different types of NFL betting lines.
The most common types of NFL odds are:
Point spread – This is the most common real cash wager made on the NFL. You’ll notice that the teams have the same number, however, the favoured team’s odds are listed with a minus sign while the underdog’s has a plus sign in front.
- If you pick the favoured team, you’ll win your bet only if they “Cover the spread”. In other words, the favoured team must win with a difference larger than the spread.
- If you bet on the underdog you’ll win your bet if the team wins outright, or if the difference between the scores of the two teams is less than the spread.
- In certain cases, both teams are considered equally strong and the spread will be listed as EVEN or PICK. An outright win is needed to win a bet on either team.
Money line – This is a bet on which team will win the game. The numbers listed in the money line column tell you which team is the favourite, and payout odds on the bets.
- The team with a minus sign in front of its number is the favourite. The number tells you how much you have to wager to win $100. If the team is listed at -150, you must bet $150 to win $100.
- The team with the plus sign is the underdog and the number tells you how much you’ll win if you bet $100. If the team is listed at +150 and you bet $100, you’ll get $150 in winnings back plus your original bet.
Over/Under - The third basic bet type you’ll find on betting sites with NFL odds is the over/under (also known as total).
- The over/under refers to the total number of points both teams will score by the end of the game. The casino sets a line and you have to choose whether the final total will be more or less than the line.
OUR RATING2.4/10Players have had their bigger winnings cancelled
OUR RATING2.1/10Poor business practices reported
OUR RATING1.8/10Uses poor, unstable gaming software
NFL Betting Tips to Improve Your Odds of Winning
Every site included here has scored over 90% in our rigorous testing process, which our expert Canadian reviewers use to determine that a site offers competitive odds and payouts.
Sports betting is so fascinating because it involves so many factors that all contribute in some way and to some degree to the final outcome. Many of these factors cannot be controlled by the player betting at home, or even by the player who’s stepping onto the field.
That’s why luck plays such an important part in sports betting and NFL in particular. So don’t take it personally if your first few wagers don’t go the way you want!
That being said, there are many things you can control:
- First of all, we recommend you establish a betting budget and stick to the limits you set carefully if you’ve never gambled before.
- Secondly, start reading up about sports betting strategy and NFL news about the team you support, their upcoming games, and opponents.
- Research team and player history to get an idea of the general trend in a team’s performance.
- What can the team’s past encounters with this opponent tell you about the potential outcome?
Everything from the weather on match day to the health conditions of an individual player in the team can have an impact on the outcome of a game.
The skill of NFL betting is in being able to take into account as many things as possible. The beauty of sports betting, however, is that even if you rely only dumb luck you could become filthy rich!
How to Find the Best NFL Betting Sports Sites
You could choose the hard way: searching betting sites at random, hoping they accept Canadian players and offer you a good deal.
Or you could save yourself a lot of wasted time and disappointment by checking out the online sports betting links featured in this guide.
Every site included here has been analyzed by our expert Canadian gambling reviewers. They make sure every site gives fair payouts and has proven itself to be a reliable and trustworthy place for players in Canada to make real money wager in C$ and other currencies.
When you register at one of our top recommended sites you'll receive an incredible welcome bonus to help get your winning streak started. If there's anything else you're not certain on then read through our NFL betting FAQs to brush up on the details.
- Get a C$200 welcome bonus
- Bet on all major sporting tournaments
- Licensed site verified by eCogra
NFL Betting FAQ
How does it work?
NFL betting online is as easy as finding the game you want to wager real money on. Check the odds, then choosing the type of bet and enter the amount you want to wager. The website will automatically generate a digital betting slip for you when you’ve made all your choices.
How do I start betting?
First off, you’ll need to register at an online betting site that accepts Canadian players and lets you play in Canadian Dollars. We’ve compiled an updated list of the best Canadian online NFL betting sites on this page.
What types of bets are there?
There are several types of bets for NFL games available on Canada sports betting sites. Three of the most popular NFL bet types include: point spread, money lines, and over/under or totals bets.
Can it be profitable?
Luck plays a large part when wagering on the outcome of football game but there’s also a significant skill-based component which can be learnt by anyone who’s willing to spend time learning sports betting strategies and analyzing previous encounters between teams.
How much can be won?
It all depends on how much you’re willing to bet! The reward is commensurate with the risk, and it is not unheard of players winning four and even five-figure sums with one well-placed bet on an NFL game.
How do NFL betting lines work?
Each NFL betting line works differently. You can find a more in-depth explanation of NFL betting lines in the main article on this page.
Is it safe?
Yes, wagering real cash at sports betting sites offering NFL betting lines is completely safe when you play at a reputable and established sportsbook. We’ve reviewed the top operators that allow Canadian players to wager on NFL games and created a list of recommended betting websites that have been pre-tested and approved by expert sports bettors and reviewers based in Canada.