How To Take Online MLB Betting To The Next Level
Major League Baseball is one of the most popular sports in both the USA and Canada. And thanks to online sports betting, you can enhance your MLB experience by placing real money bets on every single MLB game this season.
If you’ve never done it before, gambling at online sports betting sites can be intimidating. It’s actually really simple, especially for Canadians.
This comprehensive guide to betting on MLB will make it even easier for you to find a site that suits you, make a quick deposit and place a bet on your favourite team. The shortlisted sites provide lots of options, or you can take a shortcut and use our team's top recommendation: Betway Sports.
Read this guide for:
- Explanations of the different types of MLB bets you can make
- Information on what real money bonuses to look out for
- Handy betting tips to get newbie bettors started
- An FAQ section that deals with the important basics and MLB betting tips
Betting On MLB: Beginners' Tips
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the oldest professional baseball sports league in the United States and Canada. With a total of 30 teams currently playing in this league, baseball fans have a lot of clubs to choose from when placing MLB bets.
Let’s explore the most common and profitable MLB bets you can make.
- The most common kind of bet on which team will win the game.
- To even the playing field, sportsbooks have to handicap the more skilled team by forcing them to win by a certain number of points in order to win the bet.
- If the Blue Jays are listed at -1.5, for example, it means they’re the favourite and must win by two or more points for bets on them to be winners.
- A bet on the Jays’ opponents in this example will win if the Jays lose the game or win by only one run.
- Combine bets on two or more teams winning each of their games for an even bigger payout.
- Proposition bets are special wagers offered by the sportsbook and include lots of different bets.
- Some examples include: Last team to score, first team to score ultimately winning the game, most hits in a game and tons more.
- The casino sets a line and you bet on whether the outcome will be more or less than the line.
- The most common over/under is on the total number of runs from both teams.
- Wagers on who will have the lead at various points in the game (after 1, 3, or 5 innings, for example)
- Can also include things like most hits in the first inning.
Canadian gamblers can also bet on Minor League Baseball, and if you’re knowledgeable you can find plenty of good-value odds online. Make sure to look out for Canadian-friendly special bonuses and markets when it's World Series time.
OUR RATING2.4/10Players have had their bigger winnings cancelled
OUR RATING2.1/10Poor business practices reported
OUR RATING1.8/10Uses poor, unstable gaming software
Choosing the Best Sports Betting Sites
We only list the most reputable online betting sites that have been providing services to sports betting fans from Canada for decades
There are a ton of online betting sites available for Canadian players to choose from. Luckily, our experts have done the leg work and continue to post their findings in our comprehensive sportsbook and casino reviews.
All of our highly-rated sites offer great bonuses and incentives, such as generous betting bonuses, big payouts when you win, and in some cases even payouts when you lose a wager.
However, we still suggest spending time comparing the different sports betting websites before you sign up. Make sure to look closely at the incentives they offer and what the site’s strong points are to make sure it lines up with your needs.
Tips to maximize your experience
When sports betting online, players from Canada can choose from a wide variety of odds offered on the most and least favourite teams of any match. If you are betting on the most favourite, you normally need to place a bet that is higher than C$110 to be able to win at least a Bordon! Baseball fans can enjoy a wide variety of bets, and most avid online players will use multiple options and strategies to maximize their possibilities of winning. We suggest that you also give this a try, and combining different bets can sometimes be even more profitable.
We also suggest that you keep an eye out for new and regularly updated odds on your selected websites. These will be constantly updated depending on a team’s performance, new fixtures, big games and so on. It is always better to place bets when there are favourable odds, and you will definitely become quickly accustomed to how these work once you give it a try – so start today!
- Get a C$200 welcome bonus
- Bet on all major sporting tournaments
- Licensed site verified by eCogra
MLB Betting FAQ
How does MLB betting online work?
Just check out the online sports gambling links provided on this page to get started. We only recommend the most reputable sites which also offer the best real money Canadian Dollar sports betting bonuses.
How do I start betting?
Since most of these sites are online casinos, all you need to do is create a free account to start playing. You’ll have to enter your personal information and validate your account, then make a deposit to start betting.
What types of bets are there?
Online sport betting Canada players have the option of placing a wide range of bets , including moneylines, point spreads, over/unders, innings bets, props and lots more.
How do odds work in MLB betting?
The most common odds you’ll see include point spreads when you’re betting on a team to win, and fractional or decimal odds on other kinds of bets.
Can it be profitable?
Yes! We always suggest doing your research before placing a wager since the more information you have, the more likely you’ll pick a winner.
How much can be won?
Usually how much you win depends on how much you bet but there bets like parlays and special props with long odds that can net you a big win from a smaller bet.
Is it safe?
All of the online casinos that are featured on this page are extremely safe to use for MLB sports betting. Our team of dedicated experts has vetted all of the sites listed to ensure that our players can have the best experience possible.